Dr. Kim Saliba, Ph.D., C. Psych.
Meet Dr. Kim Saliba
Dr. Kim places a strong emphasis on an empathetic approach that is tailored to individual needs and establishing mutually agreed upon therapeutic goals.
Through this process she creates a safe environment to foster personal growth and supports clients in making deep and lasting changes in order to achieve what they want in life.
Dr. Kim Saliba, Ph.D., C. Psych, is a Registered Licensed Clinical Psychologist in South Carolina and Ontario.
She earned her Doctor of Philosophy degree in the School and Clinical Child Psychology program from University of Toronto in 2014 and received dual registration as a Clinical and School Psychologist from the College of Psychologists of Ontario. In addition, earned a specialization in Neuroscience degree.
Earned her Master in Science degree in Experimental Psychology from St. Joseph's University in 2004 and minored in neuropsychology.
Earned a Bachelor in Science degree in Psychology from Drexel University in 2000.
Her primary client groups include: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Parents, and Families.
Dr. Kim Saliba received her clinical and research training experiences through a variety of hospitals, schools, and private practice settings including:
- Clinical doctoral internship at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences in the inpatient and outpatient hospital unit for high risk youth struggling with severe mental health. Providing individual therapy and created the DBT outpatient group program.
- Predoctoral Internship at Hospital for Sick Children (Sickkids) with patients and their families diagnosed with cancer. Providing individual therapy, parent counselling, and sibling groups.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) working with adult clients with ADHD and addictions.
- Provided full comprehensive neuropsychology assessments for Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
- Conducted neuroscience research for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
- Mental Health Secondary Support Clinical Psychologist for Upper Grand District School board created evidence based groups (DBT, CBT, Eating disorder) for 11 high schools, provided mental health assessments, and individual therapy.
- Several school boards as a School Psychologist providing comprehensive psychoeducational assessments for Toronto District School Board (TDSB), Halton District School Board (HDSB), and Upper Grand District School Board (UGDSB).
Hello, welcome to my website. I look forward to getting to know you. In the meantime, here is a little bit about myself...
I grew up coming to the Myrtle Beach area throughout the years and working at Wild Water and Wheels (in Surfside) over the summer as a lifeguard. When not visiting MB, I lived in New Jersey. Eventually, my entire family relocated permanently to the Myrtle Beach area. After high school I left to pursue my educational career and clinical training . My clinical and doctoral training journey has relocated me to so many different wonderful places. However, once COVID hit, the borders were closed and we missed seeing the people we loved. Being away from family and friends and so many people so dear to us, my family felt in our hearts it was time to return to a place that has always felt like home to me.
I have founded Dr. Kim Saliba private practice clinic and look forward to getting to know new clients and supporting the community through volunteer opportunities at my church and my son's school.